May we pray for you? Click here to send your prayer requests!
“Gentiles Destroy Jerusalem”
August 4, 2013
Pastor Fred Morse
Worldwide people are worshippers. Not only “religious” people like Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Shinto’s and Jews, but non-religious people worship too. They don’t worship God but they worship things. Things like idols of stone and wood, or ancestors, or animals…even such things as possessions they consider valuable including money. These become gods to them and in their minds they believe them to be worthy of worship. People worship in all kinds of venues; out in the open air, under thatched roofs held up by four flimsy poles, in simple wooden or concrete block buildings. Moslems worship in Mosques, Jews in Synagogues, Christians in Churches. We’ve been worshipping here this morning. We’ve been doing it with meditation, music, prayer, Communion and now with the study of God’s revealed word.
The Jews have enjoyed worship in ____significant structures throughout their history.
1. The Tabernacle in the wilderness.
2. The first Temple built by King Solomon.
3. The Temple built after the Babylonian captivity, embellished by Herod, and the Temple Jesus frequented.
The Jews have no central ______ place to worship today because there is no______.
Revelation 11:1 – “Then there was given me a measuring rod like a staff; and someone said, ‘Get up and measure the temple of God and the altar, and those who worship in it.
Revelation 11:2 – Leave out the court which is outside the temple and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread under foot the holy city for forty-two months.
There will be a Temple once again in ______, the Holy City, and the traditional _______ sacrifices will resume.
This Temple will be up and running, fully ________, observing the sacrifices by the mid-point of the ______.
It will be built on the ______ _________ in Jerusalem but just where on the Mount?
Today there are many buildings and other structures on the Temple Mount including two significant buildings to Moslems
1. The Mosque of Omar
2. The Dome of the Rock
The Big Question…
Where can the new Temple be built? The Mount has many buildings and other structures. Two buildings are “holy” sites for the Moslems.
Six scenarios, one of which may make it possible to build the Temple that will exist at the mid-point of the Tribulation.
1. The Muslims voluntarily give the temple site to the Jews, inviting them to tear down the Dome of the Rock and rebuild their Temple and resume their sacrifices.
2. The Israelis militarily take over the Temple Mount and send in the Cat D11′s. (bulldozers)
3. The Dome of the Rock is blown up by an Israeli terrorist.
4. The anti-Christ grants the Jews permission to build their Temple somewhere on the Mount not disturbing the Muslim holy places.
5. Excavations of the site prove that the temples were built in areas at distance from the Muslim sites and the Jews and the Muslims cooperate in supervising the Mount both having their places of worship and both functioning according to their convictions.
6. A major earthquake takes place doing great damage in Jerusalem and destroying the Dome of the Rock
Before the Tribulation begins all Christians, all believers in Christ, all who have come to faith in Him are leaving this planet. They are going to miss the war, the killing, the judgments and devastation. Are you going to miss it? The Book of Revelation is all about bad news. Listen to some good news from the Bible
John 14:1-6Acts 1:9-111 Thessalonians 5:1-111 Thessalonians 4:13-18
You will miss the Tribulation by putting your faith in Jesus and His words. You won’t be sorry!